How to Prepare for Winter Storms
Winter is almost here!
Many of the jobs we arrive at are preventable disasters, stuff that could have been stopped before winter came along. Your home becomes very vulnerable during the winter with the cold temperatures, icy rain, and snowfall. We have a few recommendations to share with you below, hopefully they can prevent any unnecessary damages.
What to do?
- Have your HVAC system checked
- Make sure you will have hot and clean air blowing through your home
- Caulk and seal your exterior areas that have begun to wear
- Water and cold can cause cracking and rot you don’t want to deal with
- Inspect your drainage system
- Make sure the melted snow has somewhere to go
- Clean gutters
- Like your drainage, the snow needs somewhere to melt
- Shut down outdoor water
- These can cause serious issues once temperatures reach freezing
- Check your trees
- Make sure no dead trees will be falling once the snow and winter storms come
- Prepare your equipment for the snow
- Whether is is a snow blow or just a snow shovel, make sure it works before winter comes
- Check your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- With heat running and possible fires burning indoors you must ensure your family's safety